The Latest on COVID-19
May 22, 2020 Superintendent Update
May 17, 2020 Meals Program Update
May 1, 2020 Academic UpdateDear OUSD Community:May is typically an exciting month for students and staff as we wrap up the school year, celebrate our achievements, and look forward to summer break. This year is anything but typical so I wanted to follow up on my previous email with some deep appreciation for staff who have been working so hard over the past couple of months, as well as some additional information.Please read the full message for updates and our plans and ideas for moving forward related to the following topics:
- Distance Learning
- Technology & Addressing the Digital Divide
- Grading, Report Cards & Promotion/Graduation
- Summer Learning
- The 2020-21 School Year
OUSD schools are closed to in-person instruction for the remainder of the 2019-20 school year due to the 'shelter in place' order.
The health and safety of all students, staff and school communities is our top priority. To help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including the coronavirus and flu, follow these important tips:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Individuals with chronic health issues and/or individuals experiencing severe symptoms should be evaluated by a medical professional.
- Get vaccinated every year
Resources for Families
Overall Resources and Support