From our Chief Academic Officer
May 27, 2020 End of Year Academic Update
I am writing to provide a few updates, resources and our tentative plans moving forward related to the following topics:
- Distance Learning this Spring;
- Technology & Addressing the Digital Divide;
- Report Cards & Promotion/Graduation;
- Summer Learning;
- The 2020-21 School Year; and,
- Staying Connected
I also want to say congratulations to our students, families and staff for making it through the end of what could easily be described as the most unconventional school year ever. When I take a step back to consider what we have collectively achieved since we closed campuses to in-person instruction in mid-March, I am encouraged by our accomplishments. Read the full message
May 1, 2020 Academic Update
April 14, 2020
Click here to read the distance learning update from April.
Q & A Session
Thursday, March 26, 11:00 AM
Academics During COVID-19 Question & Answer Session
with Supt. Johnson-Trammell
Have questions about what happens to grades, graduation and academics during the COVID-19 school closures?
Continuity of Education
Although we cannot replace the value of instruction at school with teachers, we want to ensure that students have the resources they need to continue learning and studying at home.
School Specific Continuity of Education Plans
- School specific plans have been shared with families directly from the schools. We will also be posting updating school specific plans in the coming week.
- If your family would like more guidance, please see the district continuity of education plans below.
OUSD Continuity of Education Plan